Monday, April 12, 2010

Talking up a Storm

Max has been amazing in developing his vocabulary!!! He is learning so quickly that I can't even keep up!! He told me today that he has "bare feet". When did I ever use those words with him???

At the playground, I told him not to eat the little pellet that he found on the ground and he said, "Yes, you can just look at it." Now, THAT is something I say all the time!!

His new favorite phrase seems to be "be nice". He learned to say this to the mean, green car, Chick Hicks, in the movie, Cars. When he plays with the little cars, he tells Chick to "be nice to Dinoco." (Dinoco is the blue car that Chick causes to crash at the end of the movie.) Anyway, Max has started to apply this new phrase to his Momma! For example, when I try to get him to eat something he is not wanting to eat, he says, "Be nice, Momma!"

It has been so much fun to hear him talk all day long. I know a lot of people joke that once your kids start talking, you will wish they would stop, but I guess I am still in the honeymoon phase. And, I hope I never stop!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Amazing the number of conversations we have also had about nice/mean around Chick Hicks. Evy reinacts the crash scene with McQueen helping in the end.

    I get in trouble at least on a weekly basis when I am telling a story and I get loud. Evy says,"talk nice, Mommy." Yes, sir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max does the same thing with McQueen! He loves that McQueen helps Dinoco and he even says that Tex says "Thank you" to McQueen.

    ReplyDelete